POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity test question - radtest.jpg (0/1) : Radiosity test question - radtest.jpg (0/1) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 07:21:39 EDT (-0400)
  Radiosity test question - radtest.jpg (0/1)
From: Oldstench
Date: 7 Sep 2000 16:40:47
Message: <evufrssnlb3v60oeni77urpn58dsu49ii7@4ax.com>
Well here is one of my 1st radiosity tests, and I have a couple of
questions....1st here is how I set my radiosity:
radiosity {
    brightness       3.3
    count            400
    distance_maximum 33.0
    error_bound      0.4
    gray_threshold   0.5
    low_error_factor 0.8
    minimum_reuse    0.015
    nearest_count    6
    recursion_limit  2
  }

Ok so...can anyone help me understand where the blotchiness alonng the
underside of the tube might have come from....the bands along the
second bend from the right are confusing me as well.
The are two lightsources....a 7x7 (adaptive 4 jitter on) area light
scaled by 4 towards the front right and just below the camera, and a
spotlight placed above,  behind, and slightly left of the blue cube.
Any ideas will be most welcome....Thanks - Oldstench